We need your help – donate today!

We are seeking donations from the public and local businesses which will go towards our Energy Poverty Project, providing home safety packs for our most disadvantaged community members. 

Carbon monoxide is undetectable. It is a poisonous gas you cannot see, taste or smell and is a silent killer. In low-level exposure cases, it causes flu-like symptoms such as headaches, nausea, dizziness, burning eyes, confusion, drowsiness and even loss of consciousness. In high exposure cases, carbon monoxide poisoning can result in brain damage and death.

Gas or fuel-burning appliances not maintained or the operation of outdoor gas or fuel-burning appliances within confined spaces can produce carbon monoxide from the incomplete burning of fuels such as natural gas, wood, propane, heating oil, kerosene, coal, or charcoal.

The accident highlighted a lack of knowledge about gas and fuel-burning appliance safety and carbon monoxide poisoning by not only the Australian community but also within the government sectors, related energy/plumbing industries, as well as emergency services.

The Chase and Tyler Foundation was founded in 2011 and is a national non-profit organisation with deductible gift recipient (DGR) status. The foundation is dedicated to preventing death, injury, or illness by accidental carbon monoxide poisoning through awareness, education, support services, advocacy, partnerships and research.

Energy poverty is an increasing problem in Australia, impacting over 42,000 low-income households. Winter is a time that disadvantaged community members experience the most hardship, with significant negative impacts on not only household finances, but also on the health and wellbeing of individuals within households. Many community members go without heating, while others use unsafe heating options (unserviced gas heaters, gas stovetops, gas ovens, patio heaters, LPG BBQ’s, charcoal, etc.) to keep warm, which leaves them vulnerable to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Each home safety pack will include a queen size plush blanket, a carbon monoxide alarm, fridge magnet, and an educational brochure containing information about carbon monoxide poisoning and how to prevent it.

All donations over $2.00 are tax deductible.

Please help us by either donating or sharing our fundraiser. Click here to donate