Warning over smoke poisoning after kids hospitalised

 

 

 

 

 

 

UPDATE: Fire authorities are urging homeowners to be mindful of the risks associated with burning coals indoors after a family narrowly avoided deadly carbon monoxide poisoning overnight.

Queensland Fire and Emergency Services were called to a Darling Heights home about 12.39am with reports of smoke engulfing the inside of the house.

“The occupants of the house had been burning barbecue coals out the back then they walked them inside for a bit of heat and caused carbon monoxide gas to fill the house,” QFES station officer Shane Brown told 7 News Toowoomba.

“They’ve actually got carbon monoxide poisoning.

“Another five more minutes and the scenario could have been much more different.

“It could’ve been much more serious.”

Two children were taken to Toowoomba Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.

They were transported in a stable condition.

EARLIER: Two children have been rushed to hospital after an incident overnight in Toowoomba.

The Queensland Ambulance Service reported two children were transported to Toowoomba Hospital following a reported smoke inhalation incident.

Both children were in a stable condition.

The incident took place at a private residence in Darling Heights about 12.39am.

Miss Kiss
Griffiths Goodall
Energy Safe Victoria
Origin Energy