Posts Tagged "CO"

Partnership Announcement with Brooks Australia

MEDIA RELEASE Monday, 4 March 2019 BROOKS AUSTRALIA AND THE CHASE AND TYLER FOUNDATION PARTNERSHIP The Chase and Tyler Foundation is pleased to welcome a new important partnership with Brooks Australia, a family owned and operated company that has kept Australian families and properties safe with high quality, reliable, home safety products for over 45 years. The Chase and Tyler Foundation’s Founder and Executive Director, Vanessa Robinson, said the partnership provides a number of opportunities for the foundation. “We’re very…

Read More

Energy Poverty Project

Energy poverty is an increasing problem in Australia, impacting over 42,000 low-income households. Winter is a time that disadvantaged families experience the most hardship, with significant adverse impacts on not only household finances, but also on the health and wellbeing of individuals within households. Many families go without appropriate heating, while others use outdoor gas or fuel-burning appliance or gas heaters that have not been regularly serviced to save money and to keep their families warm. Due to this, families…

Read More

Help fight energy poverty!

The Chase and Tyler Foundation are seeking donations to provide blankets and carbon monoxide alarms to at risk community members suffering from energy poverty. With a freezing winter and the end of the financial year, it’s the perfect time for you to make a real difference within your community and help support those in need. The Chase and Tyler Foundation have DGR status, so all donations over $2 are tax deductible. Click on the link below and donate via our…

Read More

Winter Safety Campaign

Following on from Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week, we continue to reinforce the message of gas and fuel burning appliance safety and carbon monoxide poisoning prevention. Joining forces once again with Energy Safe Victoria and the Victorian Building Authority, the ‘Cold Feet’ media campaign will be conducted over an 8 week period. Four new videos have been released by Energy Safe Victoria and the Chase and Tyler Foundation. Vanessa Robinson, the Founder and Executive Director of the foundation discusses Chase and…

Read More

Mother of baby who died from leaking fumes calls for safety checks

HE mother of a baby boy who died from carbon monoxide poisoning inside a car last Friday is calling for mandatory safety checks on second hand vehicles. Ika Windiarti, 33, fell unconscious when the 1998 Ford station wagon she was driving filled with gas, causing the car to clip a tree and crash at low speed into a parked Mercedes-Benz opposite the Hilton RSL on Sir Donald Bradman Drive. The couple’s daughter, 7, was also overcome by the fumes seeping…

Read More

Gas poison victim tried to save son and mate

THREE deer hunters died in a caravan filled with deadly carbon monoxide fumes in Tasmania’s Central Highlands. And Coroner Glenn Hay has revealed that one of the victims had probably attempted to drag his unconscious mates to safety before being overcome himself. Rodney Williams, 53, son Matthew, 26, and Terry Bartle, 39, all from Tasmania, died at Top Marshes near Miena in March last year. The tragedy was blamed on a faulty gas fitting attached to a refrigerator that should…

Read More
Brooks
Miss Kiss
Griffiths Goodall
Energy Safe Victoria