Coroner’s report reveals accidental carbon monoxide poisoning led to couple’s death

A coroner’s report has shown that the tragic death of an elderly Cowra couple in August last year was the result of carbon monoxide poisoning. David and Elaine Livingstone were found deceased on Friday, August 23, by a regular house caller. According to the report the deaths, which occurred in the lounge room of the Hanna Street home, happened some time between Wednesday, August, 21 and Friday, August 23, and were the result of carbon monoxide from a poorly maintained…

Read More

Carbon Monoxide Kills Eight, Including Seven Children, in Maryland Family

(NBC News) A man and seven children ages 6 to 16, all of them related, were found dead in a home Monday in the southern Maryland town of Princess Anne, but no foul play was suspected, authorities told NBC News. The Daily Times of Salisbury quoted police as saying the deaths were caused by carbon monoxide poisoning. Princess Anne police said they found the bodies inside the house, which was locked and undisturbed, when they responded to a report about…

Read More

One week to go!

It’s one week until Australia’s very own Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week kicks off! We will be working with our partners Energy Safe Victoria and Origin to bring you information on how to stay safe this winter. If you want to get involved and join us in raising awareness throughout your own community, whether it’s by sharing our information or holding an event, go to the Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week page here and download CO Awareness Week Tool Kit.

Read More

Deaths spark Greens’ push for renters to be protected from faulty gas heaters

Greens’ leader Greg Barber has been working with Goulburn Valley woman Vanessa Robinson, whose sons, Chase, 8, and Tyler, 6, died in the family’s rented Mooroopna property in 2010. An inquest into their deaths earlier this year found the boys died from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a poorly serviced gas wall heater but stopped short of recommending legislative changes. Mr Barber says with more people living in rented homes, the vulnerable need to be protected. “So if your house…

Read More

Old gas heaters prompt concerns for preschool children’s safety atat Grace Park Preschool, Greensborough

A MELBOURNE kindergarten has installed gas detectors in a classroom, fearing old heaters could put students at risk. Staff at Grace Park Preschool, Greensborough, installed carbon monoxide detectors in July after staff were reportedly told by Banyule City Council workers classroom heaters would not be replaced. The devices activate an alarm if gas is detected, allowing teachers to evacuate the room. Preschool committee president Jamile Petridis said the heaters had stopped functioning properly and temperatures often dipped below 10C in…

Read More

Poison gas victim tried to save mates

THREE deer hunters died in a caravan filled with deadly carbon monoxide fumes in Tasmania’s Central Highlands. And Coroner Glenn Hay has revealed that one of the victims had probably attempted to drag his unconscious mates to safety before being overcome himself. Rodney Williams, 53, son Matthew, 26, and Terry Bartle, 39, all from Tasmania, died at Top Marshes near Miena in March last year. The tragedy was blamed on a faulty gas fitting attached to a refrigerator that should…

Read More
Brooks
Miss Kiss
Griffiths Goodall
Energy Safe Victoria
Origin Energy