The Silent Killer in Aussie Homes

“It was just a normal Saturday night,”. That’s how Vanessa Robinson talked about the night of May 30, 2010, in a video on the Energy Safe Victoria web site. As was normal, her two children – eight-year-old Chase and six-year-old Tyler – had been playing inside the family’s Shepparton home. Following that, the family watched a few videos and went to bed. During the night, one of the kids began to cry – then the other one. They must be…

Read More

Community Project with Launch Housing

A big thank you to our supporters who donated to the foundation this year, as your money has gone directly back into the community to provide at-risk community members with much needed services/resources. We donated over 100 packs, which each containing a beautiful plush blanket, CO alarm, CTF magnets and CTF brochure.                 We also want to thank Launch Housing & VPTA – Victorian Public Tenants Association for their amazing work in this…

Read More

Three family members dead after horror find in NSW shed

THREE family members aged between 16 and 44 have died after being found unconscious in a shed out the back of their home in Broken Hill, New South Wales. Emergency services were called to the property on Creedon Street, in the northwest NSW mining town, about 4.30pm Thursday. The call-out came after a Cheryl Harvey reported that three people — husband Layne Harvey, 44, and their two sons Jakeb, 23 and Kurtis, 16 — were unconscious in a cellar beneath…

Read More

Help fight energy poverty!

The Chase and Tyler Foundation are seeking donations to provide blankets and carbon monoxide alarms to at risk community members suffering from energy poverty. With a freezing winter and the end of the financial year, it’s the perfect time for you to make a real difference within your community and help support those in need.             The Chase and Tyler Foundation have DGR status, so all donations over $2 are tax deductible. Click on the…

Read More

Geelong public housing tenants feel the winter chill as faulty heaters are reviewed

GEELONG properties are among more than 6500 Victorian public homes which have potentially dangerous gas heaters, the State Government says. Vulcan Heritage and Pyrox Heritage space heaters were removed from sale earlier this year after the Australian Gas Association raised concerns about potentially “unsafe levels of carbon monoxide” they produce. Around the state qualified tradespeople are testing the 1970s era heaters after the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) recommended public housing tenants stop using them. Norlane single mother-of-two…

Read More

SA Health issues carbon monoxide poisoning warning after increase in ED presentations

          A SPIKE in the number of South Australians taken to emergency departments from carbon monoxide-related poisoning in the past year has prompted authorities to issue a health warning as temperatures drop. A total of 24 people were taken to EDs during 2017-18 from carbon monoxide poisoning, a 60 per cent increase on the previous year. In 2016-17, there were a total of 15 admissions and in 2015-16, 29 people were admitted to SA hospitals. Any…

Read More
Miss Kiss
Griffiths Goodall
Energy Safe Victoria
Origin Energy