About 

Vanessa Robinson established the Chase and Tyler Foundation after her sons, Chase 8 and Tyler 6, died from accidental carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning in 2010. An unserviced gas heater spilled deadly CO into their home, killing Chase and Tyler and hospitalising Vanessa with acute carbon monoxide poisoning for near two months, where she now suffers permeant disabilities. 

 

CO spillage is undetectable. It is a poisonous gas you cannot see, taste or smell and is a silent killer.  It causes flu-like symptoms such as headaches, nausea, dizziness, burning eyes, confusion, drowsiness, and even loss of consciousness. In very severe cases, CO poisoning can result in brain damage and death.

 

Gas or fuel-burning appliances not maintained or the operation of outdoor gas or fuel-burning appliances within confined spaces can produce CO from the incomplete burning of fuels such as natural gas, wood, propane, heating oil, kerosene, coal, or charcoal.

 

The accident highlighted a lack of knowledge about gas and fuel-burning appliance safety and CO poisoning by not only the Australian community but also within the government sector, energy, and related industries as well as emergency services. 

 

Mission

The Chase and Tyler Foundation was founded in 2011 and is a national non-profit organisation with DGR status. We’re dedicated to the preventing illness, injury, and death from accidental CO poisoning through awareness and education, support services, advocacy, research and strategic partnerships.