Heater warning after firefighters rescue woman from carbon monoxide-filled house

 

 

 

 

 

A woman in her 50s has been rushed to hospital after inhaling dangerous levels of carbon monoxide early Sunday morning.

The St Albans woman was running an outdoor coal burning heater indoors, which, without a fireplace flue or other ventilation, slowly leaked poisonous carbon monoxide gas into her home.

Ambulances arrived on the scene around 2 am, but were unable to enter because of the high levels of gas trapped in the building.

Instead, the Metropolitan Fire Brigade was called, and firefighters entered the building with breathing apparatus to rescue the woman.

She was taken to Sunshine Hospital in a stable but serious condition.

Miss Kiss
Griffiths Goodall
Energy Safe Victoria
Origin Energy