Category Archive for "Uncategorised"

A big thank you to the Fraser Coast Hackers!

          A big thank you to the Fraser Coast Hackers (FCH) who held their annual Charity Golf Day at the Maryborough Golf Club and chose to support the Chase and Tyler Foundation. FCH raised much needed funds for the foundation and have also advised that they will continue to support us each year — which is fabulous!                   A big thank you to the team and the great…

Read More

The Silent Killer in Aussie Homes

“It was just a normal Saturday night,”. That’s how Vanessa Robinson talked about the night of May 30, 2010, in a video on the Energy Safe Victoria web site. As was normal, her two children – eight-year-old Chase and six-year-old Tyler – had been playing inside the family’s Shepparton home. Following that, the family watched a few videos and went to bed. During the night, one of the kids began to cry – then the other one. They must be…

Read More

Heater warning after firefighters rescue woman from carbon monoxide-filled house

          A woman in her 50s has been rushed to hospital after inhaling dangerous levels of carbon monoxide early Sunday morning. The St Albans woman was running an outdoor coal burning heater indoors, which, without a fireplace flue or other ventilation, slowly leaked poisonous carbon monoxide gas into her home. Ambulances arrived on the scene around 2 am, but were unable to enter because of the high levels of gas trapped in the building. Instead, the Metropolitan…

Read More

Launch of the New CO Awareness TV Commercial

Victoria’s Energy Minister, Lily D’Ambrosio, joined Energy Safe Victoria at Northland to launch the new carbon monoxide awareness ad. She joined sisters Madeleine and Bridget to check out the colorful slipper socks ESV were giving away as part of the launch.

Read More

~A story from one of our community members~

My name is Michelle Weir and I feel that I need to share my story with everybody to help raise the awareness of carbon monoxide poisoning. In 2014, my two children, husband and I were renting a property for four months. During this period, on a Wednesday I was at home all morning with my daughter doing my weekly routine of cleaning, washing etc. I had noticed a weird gassy kind of smell in the house, but I wasn’t sure…

Read More

Winners of Competition Announced

Congratulations to the -7- winners for this years Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week competition. You have all won an audible First Alert carbon monoxide alarm valued at $60.00 each. ~Tracey LeMaistre ~Angela Hogan ~Gayle Ward ~Corey Arthur ~Manda J Opray ~Misty Tantucz ~Sarah McLachlan Please contact the page with your mailing address, for your alarm (and other little goodies) to be sent out via express post this week. Note: There will be other carbon monoxide alarms given away throughout the winter…

Read More
Brooks
Miss Kiss
Griffiths Goodall
Energy Safe Victoria
Origin Energy