Category Archive for "News"

Safety Alert – Gas Log Fires

Do you have one of the following gas fire logs? Regency i31 supplied by Fireplace Products Australia Pty Ltd Regency F38 and FG38 supplied by Fireplace Products Australia Pty Ltd – branded and supplied by Masport prior to 2006 (excludes LP model) Nectre 2000 (manufactured from 2007) supplied by Glen Dimplex Australia Pty Ltd, or a Real Flame Pyrotech (manufactured from 2012) also supplied by Glen Dimplex Australia Pty Ltd? People with these gas log fires in their homes need to contact the supplier and get them checked by a…

Read More

Close call for Hawthorn family as pool heater leaks carbon monoxide

A family is in hospital after an incorrectly-installed pool heater flue leaked carbon monoxide, leaving some of them unconscious. The two adults, both in their 40s, and two children were found by emergency services at a Hawthorn home about 8am on Thursday. The adults and a preschool-aged boy were drowsy and suffering loss of consciousness as they were taken to hospital. A primary school-aged girl was taken to hospital in a stable condition, Victoria Ambulance confirmed. Metropolitan Fire Brigade Commander…

Read More

Know the drill before you grill – ESV BBQ safety

Barbecue safety – Know the drill before you grill Last summer, there were over 100 dangerous barbecue fires involving LP Gas cylinders in Victoria. That’s more than one fire every day of summer. Some of those barbecue fires turned into house fires, resulting in serious burns and the loss and damage of family homes. So, to stay safe, know the drill before you grill. Get into the habit of doing a soapy water check. Squirt your gas connection with soapy…

Read More

Battle against deadly CO poisoning from gas heaters heading to Melbourne

          VBA Media Release A statewide program to enhance the skills of plumbers who install and service gas heaters, ensuring households are not at risk from carbon monoxide poisoning, heads to Melbourne next week. Training sessions will be held in Melbourne on Monday, 27 August and Tuesday, 28 August. The Victorian Building Authority, along with Energy Safe Victoria (ESV) and Master Plumbers, will host a series of training sessions providing expert advice to registered and licensed…

Read More

Open-flue gas heaters are potentially deadly and should be phased out, coroner finds

By Jessica Longbottom Hundreds of thousands of potentially deadly heaters across Australia should be banned and gas fitters forced to complete up to date carbon monoxide training, a Victorian coroner has recommended PHOTO: Ms Sofianopoulos died of carbon monoxide poisoning from her open-flue heater. Key points Ms Sofianopoulos died from carbon monoxide poisoning from her gas heater Coroner recommends open-flue gas heaters be phased out There are hundreds of thousands of open-flue heaters across Australia The recommendations came after an…

Read More

Training Roadshow – Carbon Monoxide Safety Program

Training roadshow will prevent carbon monoxide poisoning A STATEWIDE program to enhance the skills of plumbers who install and service gas heaters, ensuring households are not at risk from carbon monoxide poisoning will be conducted across Victoria during August. The Victorian Building Authority, along with Energy Safe Victoria and Master Plumbers, will host a series of training sessions providing expert advice to registered and licensed gasfitters and Type A servicing plumbers on the latest techniques to accurately test for carbon…

Read More
Brooks
Miss Kiss
Griffiths Goodall
Energy Safe Victoria
Origin Energy