The Chase & Tyler Foundation’s mission is to help keep Australian communities safe by:
Our mission is to raise awareness on a national scale and improve gas and fuel burning appliance safety in all Australian homes by:
- Helping communities to prevent and reduce carbon monoxide injuries and death.
- Educate and engage the health sector to provide early diagnosis and prevention of carbon monoxide and the long-term heath impacts of long and short term exposure.
- Assist government agencies to educate and implement additional training directed towards gas safety.
- Building the case for gas safety policy reform.
- Engaging Australians in conversations about appliance safety and maintenance.
- Assist people who have suffered sickness and/or disability from Carbon Monoxide poisoning, or are at risk from Carbon Monoxide poisoning associated with energy poverty, through the direct provision of CO alarms, gas safety servicing, energy subsidies, free clothing and blankets.
- Provide education and awareness of suffering, sickness and/or disability as a result of Carbon Monoxide poisoning prevention and gas and fuel burning appliance safety.
- To initiate, carry out, co-ordinate and/or support on a national basis, activities and support direct relief from distress, illness, disability and suffering from accidental Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
- Promote scientific research into accidental domestic Carbon Monoxide poisoning including the acute and chronic health effects.
- Provide direct financial support and relief in the form of medical costs associated with Carbon Monoxide poisoning, emergency appliance servicing, emergency accommodation and resources to at risk and/or disadvantaged community members.
- Provision of counselling services to people traumatised, directly or incidentally, due to accidental Carbon Monoxide poisoning.