Home About Us

About Us

The Chase & Tyler Foundation was established by Vanessa Robinson in 2011, after her sons, Chase 8 and Tyler 6, died  from  accidental  carbon monoxide poisoning  in May 2010. This was caused by a gas heater in their rental property, which leaked carbon monoxide, due to a lack of servicing and maintenance. The accident highlighted not only a lack of knowledge of gas safety and carbon monoxide poisoning by the Australian community, but also within the gasfitters/ plumbing trade along with emergency services such as ambulance, police, fire- fighters, emergency departments and GP’s.

Since the accident, Vanessa Robinson has worked alongside Energy Safe Victoria by appearing in domestic consumer awareness campaigns as well as Licensed and qualified gas fitters training DVD. Vanessa was also a silent partner alongside the Hon Dr. Sharman Stone who called on state and federal leaders to push for legislative changes in regards to gas safety, which the government then headed the national Gas Safety Strategy.

The Chase & Tyler Foundation is an independent charitable organisation working to prevent deadly carbon monoxide poisoning throughout Australia. We will deliver a national preventive health effort by working with stakeholders and government regulators for an effective sustained investment in prevention and health promotion.

Our Vision:

Zero deaths or injury from accidental Carbon Monoxide poisoning in Australia.

Our Mission:

To eliminate accidental carbon monoxide poisoning throughout Australia and relieve suffering, sickness and/or disability in the community as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning, focusing on at risk and/or disadvantaged members of the community.

Our mission is to raise awareness on a national scale and improve gas and fuel burning safety in all Australian homes by:

  • helping communities to prevent and reduce carbon monoxide injuries and death
  • educate and engage the health sector to provide early diagnosis and prevention of carbon monoxide and the long term heath impacts of long and short term exposure
  • assist government agencies to educate and implement additional training directed towards gas safety
  • building the case for gas safety policy reform
  • engaging Australians in conversations about appliance safety and maintenance

Our Values:

  • Human rights focus – promoting the rights to improve the health of all Australians.
  • Commitment to excellence – ensuring high standards in all our work Inclusiveness.
  • Collaboration and Partnerships – we build strong partnerships with our stakeholders, equally and with respect.
  • Community development and leadership-communities are empowered and have the resources, skills and knowledge to address issues of concern, and drive positive, lasting change at the grass-roots level.
  • Transparency and accountability-all of our activities are carried out in an open and transparent manner, and we accept full accountability for the outcomes generated through these activities.
  • Passion-we are passionate about our work, creating sustainable improvement in people’s lives, and supporting the Australian community.

We would like to thank you in advance for supporting us in educating communities about this silent killer and honouring Chase and Tyler’s memory.

Miss Kiss
Griffiths Goodall
Energy Safe Victoria
Origin Energy